Access bank online also known as Access bank’s internet banking is an electronic payment system initiative of access bank Nigeria plc that was created to allow customers of the bank to complete several transactions at their convenient.
Access Bank Plc is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank, owned by Access Bank Group. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the central bank and national banking regulator.
In January 2012, Access Bank announced the conclusion of its acquisition of the former Intercontinental Bank, creating an expanded Access Bank, one of the largest four commercial banks in Nigeria with over 5.7 million customers, 309 branches and over 1,600 Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). With all those number of bank branches, customers are still not doing things at their own comfort. That is why it was necessary for the bank to stamp its mark on the internet banking scene.
Customers of access bank Nigeria Plc do not need to go through the stress of bank queues and so on. They can just perform various transactions on their phones whenever they want to. Good news is that it is very easy to have access to it and also operate.
How to register for Access Bank Online
For new users, all you need to do is follow the simple instructions below
- Go to access bank internet banking site or click this link (here) or On your browser, type accessbankplc.com. This will take you to the website. Click on Internet Banking (Individual), by the top-right corner of the page and proceed with the steps below:
- Click on the register button
- Fill in your savings or current account number where required. This is to certify that you a customer of the bank.
- An authentication code would be sent to your email or the phone number you provided when opening the account
- Type in the code in box provided and submit
- You would then get a pop up where you would be asked to pick your preferred internet banking ID and password
- After you have selected your preferred ID go ahead and accept the terms and conditions or if you wish to you can read them, then submit.
- You are now ready to use access bank online.
- There are no enrolment fees nor monthly or any other periodic charges; however there are transaction charges. Some of the charges are seen below:
Product Transaction Type Transaction Fee
Access Online Intra bank transfer No Charges
Access Bank Inter Bank Transfer
Less than N500,000 N100
Between N500,000 and N1M N200
Between N1M and N10M N600
Above N10M N1000
Bill Payments N100
Airtime Recharge No Charges
Note that in addition to the fees above, Account maintenance charge will apply on Current accounts.